Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blue Spring 青い春








5  minutes ago I watched a film under the title “Aoi Haru”. Usually it is translated as “Blue Spring”.  I would rather translate it as “The green Years”. Ok. Who cares about the title when the plot is important…
I am deeply impressed. I expected a common story about Japanese high school ruffians. You know, They are “bosses” of a school, running a school they face some difficulties(probably some rivals who are eager to replace Them and become new Leaders), they find a solution to the problem(in the majority of cases They just find some additional group of boys who are eager to struggle for Them) than an epic fight happens and blooding Them( with all the teeth knocked out) bravely march to “the place where Sun raises”(the scene symbolizes the beginning of new promising life for them, full of difficulties, but we are sure, they will overcome them) Happy end...bloody but happy…
This was my expectation. Now forget about all above mentioned principles of a drama about Hooligans. If you decide to watch the film, you will see nothing of the kind.  I’ll confess that the beginning is very similar to what I’ve described but what comes next…I expected a light movie to enjoy. I received a deep film to think about. The characters are very contradicting.  The plot is oppressive. The end is unexpected, not a hint of the optimistic mood Japanese dramas about (and for) teenagers are famous for. Where is the illusion of happiness, justice and bright future? Nai.
I am glad that I decided to spend 1.20 on this film.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting but you know I’ve never watch Japanese TV drama, so could you explain the story next time when we speak.=^-^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure^^ my pleasure)) though I doubt if you like it, I'll do my best to lure you by the description^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. обязательно все сообщения на английском делать? Принципиально не пользовался переводчиком, и из того что я понял данное творение мне понравится, заинтересовала сцена в кабинке туалета)в общем посмотрю-обсудим)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ну мне интереснее именно на англе писать) так сказать для всех заинтересованных) и как показывает практика, не зря я выбрала английский)
    посмотришь, маякни)

    ReplyDelete